Project Engineer/Project Manager
NFE has an immediate opening for a talented, motivated, and career-oriented Project Engineer/Project Manager to design and supervise a wide variety of private and public sector projects within Metropolitan Detroit and surrounding areas.
This position requires an ambitious self-directed, experienced engineer to design and supervise staff for completion of both private and municipal sector work. This position requires excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to manage personnel, project schedules and project budgets while maintaining client contact and client satisfaction.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineer and Michigan Professional Engineer License
- Minimum 5 to 10 of years practical private sector and public sector design experience
- Minimum 2 years of project management and team supervision experience
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of civil engineering/site work design drawings and specifications for private sector land development projects for institutional, industrial, commercial and residential clients.
- Preparation of municipal sector infrastructure projects, including roadway reconstruction and storm, sanitary and water main replacement projects for public sector clients.
- Ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams, including coordination with project architects, MEP consultants, geo-technical consultants, landscape architects and other technical staff for project development and project delivery.
- Ability to monitor construction activities while providing interim design support, as well as resolving design and construction related issues.
- Ability to actively manage design, budget and owner requirements while scheduling multiple projects, as well as maintaining accurate project records, documentation and communications.
- Proficiency with a wide range of computer software packages required for design and management, including MS Office Suite, AutoCAD Land Development Software and AutoCAD Civil 3D experience (manditory).
- Proficiency in AASHTO, FHWA and MDOT design methodologies and local municipal site planning and engineering codes, requirements and community standards.
- Willingness to participate in business development activities, including pursuing, scoping and bidding prospective projects. Ability to identify potential markets, potential project leads and company pursuits. Willingness to represent the firm in professional association functions and conferences.
- Willingness to mentor staff and to foster strong working relationships with clients.
- Must have a positive attitude and enjoy solving problems. Must want varied experience.
NFE offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, we offer an excellent benefit package with minimal employee contributions, including:
- Team Oriented Work Environment with Advancement Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing Program and Bonus Program based upon merit
- Salaried Positions with Leadership, Management and potential Ownership Opportunities
If interested, email your resume to: email@example.com.
To apply for this position, please complete our application.